Munich expected to ditch Linux/FOSS crapware and return to Windows and Office

DFS

Feb 11, 2017, 10:27:01 AM2/11/17
<quote>
Linux pioneer Munich poised to ditch open source and return to Windows

At a meeting next week, city leaders are expected to back proposals to
switch to Windows 10 by 2021.
</quote>

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/linux-pioneer-munich-poised-to-ditch-open-source-and-return-to-windows/

Of course they are. Once you've used Windows and Office, being forced
to run Linux and LibreOffice crapola is a big step backwards.

Tim

Feb 11, 2017, 10:52:07 AM2/11/17
Having followed this Munich project since it's inception, albeit
exclusively via the tech journals and media, my impression is that this
was a grossly mismanaged project. From the initial time line to the
requirements to support some Windows applications, to scope creep and
including the fact that the hardware was aging as the project languished it
became clear that the proponents of the Munich project are somewhat
incompetent. They took the extra steps to create their own distribution,
LiMux.
Why?
It adds another layer of complexity to the migration.

I don't believe this is the fault of Linux and open source software but
more a result of poor planning and an inability to plan for the future and
how Linux would be able to perform the current task requirements as well as
future task requirements.

Some people look at Linux, Windows, OSX as drop in substitutes or
replacements for each other and I find this to be wrong and in fact
dangerous.

It just doesn't work like that and it has less to do with the quality of
the operating systems or the applications and more to do with the goals and
current and future expectations.

This is why super computers, large corporations with integral programming
staff use Linux. The access to the source code allows modification.

A company that is already heavily dependent upon transferring data to
outside sources, has complex documents, spreadsheets and databases that are
based in one operating system, really needs to perform a deep dive into how
these documents in place will translate to the new operating system.
The same goes for processes. In the case of a government agency,
interoperability with outside agencies is a huge factor.

Companies, government, municipalities, educational institutions and so
forth have switched to Linux with little difficulty and my best guess is
that they studied the requirements and future expectations first and only
then planned the project and made the switch.

Lastly, my opinion is the people pushing the Linux project, incompetence
aside, had their own interests in mind. Prolonging their contracts and
income. The fox guarding the hen house in fact.

I'll stop rambling now.

--
Tim Whizzer
Learn about Linux here;

Steve Carroll

Feb 11, 2017, 11:01:38 AM2/11/17
Here's the real 'writing on the wall':

"Paradoxically, given the appetite for returning to Windows, the proposal also states that the ultimate goal should be for software used by the city to run "independently of the operating system of the end user's machine", suggesting the use of web applications, virtualization and remote desktop services."

Learn Python 3.7, embrace open source tooling, learn some web development (html, css, javascript) because...

... you will be assimilated ;)

Marek Novotny

Feb 11, 2017, 11:08:37 AM2/11/17
I thought this has been discredited a few times already. I'll believe it
if the actually switch back. I had read one of the interviews by one of
the admins and he had shed a lot of light on this. Microsoft marketing
plants false stories and continues attempted get back into the city. The
last thing Microsoft wants is a high profile success story for others to
use as a model to ditch Microsoft Windows and Office. You can bet they
are making all manner of offers to get them to switch back.

Anyone who uses Linux full time knows what it is capable of. In all
honesty, as I have said before, there is NOTHING we do at our office
that can't be done with Libre Office. Continuing to use MS Office is
just doesn't make any sense to me at all. I'd rather support open source
than fund Microsoft.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

F. Russell

Feb 11, 2017, 11:17:40 AM2/11/17
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 08:01:34 -0800, Steve Carroll wrote:

> "independently of the operating system of the end user's machine",
> suggesting the use of web applications ...

Oh my fucking God! Not web applications!

Don't these fucking idiots realize that the web is the most fucking DYSFUNCTIONAL
medium that is possible for programming? Only a fucking deluded and demented
asshole would waste time with web applications (and the programming world is
chock full of deluded and demented assholes).

The sad fact is that only about 0.01% of ALL developers have any deep and
comprehensive expertise. The remainder are, like the dumb-fuck shill, just
shoddy six-figure dilettantes riding the crest of fashion.

F. Russell

Feb 11, 2017, 11:22:59 AM2/11/17
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 10:52:05 -0500, Tim wrote:

> my impression is that this
> was a grossly mismanaged project.

Nah. They just forgot to factor in all of the ineradicable blank stares
on the faces of the average office workers that would result when the
critical "Start" button was removed.

Can you teach an old dog new tricks?

A dog, yes. A human, no.

Tim

Feb 11, 2017, 11:26:22 AM2/11/17
Sadly politics is involved in these decisions. The two sides both have
their lobbyists, for lack of a better term, and this can and does influence
the decision making process.

I too have read reports of the switch back and I too will believe it when I
see it. I'm not saying it will or won't happen but the proof is in what
action is taken.

> Anyone who uses Linux full time knows what it is capable of. In all
> honesty, as I have said before, there is NOTHING we do at our office
> that can't be done with Libre Office. Continuing to use MS Office is
> just doesn't make any sense to me at all. I'd rather support open source
> than fund Microsoft.

I would as well but not at the expense of my company not being able to
perform it's tasks and generate income for me. My primary goal is to offer
a better product, service and value than my competitors do and I use
whatever means I have to in order to reach that level.
I use both Linux and Windows but no OSX. My one experience with OSX was
horrible and I vowed to never return back to that beast.

Marek Novotny

Feb 11, 2017, 12:20:21 PM2/11/17
There is a feature you depend on in Office that has no equal in Libre
Office? Do tell.

Silver Slimer

Feb 11, 2017, 4:04:16 PM2/11/17

Silver Slimer

Feb 11, 2017, 4:06:26 PM2/11/17

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 11, 2017, 4:10:56 PM2/11/17
Silver Slimer wrote:

> On 2017-02-11 10:27 AM, DFS wrote:
>> <quote> Linux pioneer Munich poised to ditch open source and return
>> to Windows
>>
>> At a meeting next week, city leaders are expected to back proposals
>> to switch to Windows 10 by 2021. </quote>
>>

>> http://www.techrepublic.com/article/linux-pioneer-munich-poised-to-dit
> ch-open-source-and-return-to-windows/
>>

>> Of course they are. Once you've used Windows and Office, being
>> forced to run Linux and LibreOffice crapola is a big step
>> backwards.
>
> None of this is true until Peter the Klöwn says it is.

It isn't true. Give me linux and LibreOffice all day instead of that MS
shite

I even run LibreOffice on windows instead of MSO, even though I have MSO
available. I simply prefer LO. It is better in most aspects than MSO

And windows compared to linux? Give me a break. Windows is a non-starter in
that compare. It simply can't compete. Granted, it is better than OSX. But
that is really not hard to achieve

Tim

Feb 11, 2017, 4:18:25 PM2/11/17
I don't think they fully understood what the current and future
requirements were. This entire project reeks of incompetence in my opinion.
And like Marek stated, Linux is fully capable of running the office where
he works. That is probably true of many places however to assume a drop in
replacement of another OS, applications and not thoroughly understand the
current and future requirements, and test them, is setting the project up
for failure.
And that applies to any migration to any alternative platform.

If this turns out to be true, and I hope it doesn't, it's going to be a
huge black eye on the Linux and open source software because that is where
the blame will unfairly rest.

It would behoove the FSF to become involved and prevent the flood of
misinformation to the media regarding the real sources of the failure from
ever starting. It's going to be impossible to un-ring the bell once the
guilty parties start trying to protect themselves.

Omar Murad Asfour

Feb 11, 2017, 4:24:56 PM2/11/17
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 22:10:49 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Silver Slimer wrote:

>> On 2017-02-11 10:27 AM, DFS wrote:
>>> <quote> Linux pioneer Munich poised to ditch open source and return to
>>> Windows
>>>
>>> At a meeting next week, city leaders are expected to back proposals to
>>> switch to Windows 10 by 2021. </quote>
>>>

>>> http://www.techrepublic.com/article/linux-pioneer-munich-poised-to-dit
>> ch-open-source-and-return-to-windows/
>>>

>>> Of course they are. Once you've used Windows and Office, being forced
>>> to run Linux and LibreOffice crapola is a big step backwards.
>>
>> None of this is true until Peter the Klöwn says it is.
>>

> It isn't true.

How do you know this? Where is your proof

> Give me linux and LibreOffice all day instead of that MS
> shite

Nobody asked your opinion of Linux vs Windows.
The topic is Munich abandoning Linux for Windows.

> I even run LibreOffice on windows instead of MSO, even though I have MSO
> available. I simply prefer LO. It is better in most aspects than MSO

What you prefer is not relevant, unless you are involved in the Munich
migration to Linux which would of course explain why it's so messed up.

> And windows compared to linux? Give me a break. Windows is a non-starter
> in that compare. It simply can't compete. Granted, it is better than
> OSX. But that is really not hard to achieve

Tell it to Munich. They found the opposite to be true which is why they
are moving back to Windows.

Comes down to you, Peter Kohlmann, who is mostly known to be wrong about
everything vs TechRepublic which is a well respected media site.
Sorry if I have to side with TechRepublic on this one. I'm sure you
understand.

vallor

Feb 11, 2017, 5:43:55 PM2/11/17
"Comes down to"

This clown must think the group denizens are idiots.

--
-v

Tim

Feb 11, 2017, 5:53:56 PM2/11/17
Apparently so.
He;s like shit stuck to the bottom of a pair of brand new Asics sneakers.
You just want it to go away.

I've emailed the fsf at in...@fsf.org regarding the Munich situation and
advised them to get involved immediately to get to the bottom of this and
present the facts before those involved with the opposition to open source
have a chance to flood the media with misinformation.
I suggest other Linux users do the same.

William Poaster

Feb 11, 2017, 5:55:05 PM2/11/17
On 11/2/2017 22:43 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, vallor posted:
I didn't see "Omar Murad Asfour", but i imagine it's another Snot sock.
SAndman handed Snot's ass to him yet again, so I suppose Glasser will be
throwing hissy-fits & flooding the group wih his sock army.
[ None of which i'll see! :-) ]

--
The troll is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts
and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more:

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 11, 2017, 6:29:15 PM2/11/17
He is. The lying imbecile got his ass handed to him dozens of times the last
hours. So he presented yet another Snit sock

Marek Novotny

Feb 11, 2017, 6:37:35 PM2/11/17
On 2017-02-11, Tim <myemailh...@comy.net> wrote:

// snip

> I've emailed the fsf at in...@fsf.org regarding the Munich situation and
> advised them to get involved immediately to get to the bottom of this and
> present the facts before those involved with the opposition to open source
> have a chance to flood the media with misinformation.
> I suggest other Linux users do the same.

This same story has come up a few times in the past. I remember one of
the admins coming forward and basically setting the record straight.
That maybe a few people might have a case for using actual MS Office and
that someone in marketing over at Microsoft, was basically planting
this story.

It's been discussed here already and yet nothing has happened. And now
it is coming up again. It's like discrediting something simply by lying
about it. Someone can point to Munich and say, they're using Linux. And
then someone else says, oh but they hate and they moving away from it.
Even though it never actually happens because it is a bullshit story to
begin with.

There was an admin from Munich on one of these Linux Podcasts and he
went into good detail about what they are doing, how the actually
expanding and so forth. After listening to him I walked away thinking
these are on the ball much more so than the article portrays. For one
thing these are developers themselves and contribute patches and fixes
upstream. So they're not just idiots that adopted Linux and are clueless
to manage it. They not only manage it, they develop and contribute back
to it.

I think Microsoft will just keep planting this story over and over
again attempting to discredit Linux in a very publicly referenced
success story. That's not to say it can't happen. But given that this
has cropped up previously and it was bullshit, I'd have to say it is
likely bullshit again. Today's lazy journalism is merely a rinse and
repeat affair where false stories make it out into the wild quite
easily.

Tim

Feb 11, 2017, 6:58:27 PM2/11/17
Yes I am aware of the false stories planted in the past and my hope is that
this is just another false story however I feel it's foolish to assume that
is the case. It's important to head these things off at the inception and
cut the head off the snake as soon as possible.

I think a major fault of the Linux /foss community is that they focus on
their opinion that Linux is a superior operating system while ignoring the
integration aspect of a massive migration like the Munich situation.

A Ferrari is a superior car to a Prius but which one is more practical to
use as a daily driver to pick the kids up, groceries etc?

So it's not just a matter of being superior, there is far more involved and
I think that is where Munich didn't do their homework as others who have
successfully migrated to Linux have done.

Snit

Feb 11, 2017, 7:06:48 PM2/11/17
On 2/11/17, 4:29 PM, in article o7o6kt$h4i$1...@dont-email.me, "Peter Köhlmann"
Now we get to see if ANY of those who troll COLA will admit to this simple
fact. So far Carroll, Vallor, and Peter Köhlmann have run in pretending
Sandman did not lie.

Jonas Eklundh lied: <https://youtu.be/5OfWsoPAg7o>. Period.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Silver Slimer

Feb 11, 2017, 7:11:27 PM2/11/17

On 2017-02-11 4:10 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> Silver Slimer wrote:

>> On 2017-02-11 10:27 AM, DFS wrote:
>>> <quote> Linux pioneer Munich poised to ditch open source and
>>> return to Windows
>>>
>>> At a meeting next week, city leaders are expected to back
>>> proposals to switch to Windows 10 by 2021. </quote>
>>>

>>> http://www.techrepublic.com/article/linux-pioneer-munich-poised-to-d
it

ch-open-source-and-return-to-windows/

>>> Of course they are. Once you've used Windows and Office,
>>> being forced to run Linux and LibreOffice crapola is a big
>>> step backwards.
>>
>> None of this is true until Peter the Klöwn says it is.
>>

> It isn't true. Give me linux and LibreOffice all day instead of
> that MS shite

None of that article has anything to do with you. You might want to
read the articles linked from time to time.

> I even run LibreOffice on windows instead of MSO, even though I
> have MSO available. I simply prefer LO. It is better in most
> aspects than MSO

Irrelevant.

> And windows compared to linux? Give me a break. Windows is a
> non-starter in that compare. It simply can't compete. Granted, it
> is better than OSX. But that is really not hard to achieve

Only idiots use OS X.

Take a bow, Snit.

- --
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7
Gab.ai: @silverslimer

Boycotting mainstream media in all of its forms

DFS

Feb 11, 2017, 7:14:25 PM2/11/17
On 2/11/2017 4:18 PM, Tim wrote:

> If this turns out to be true, and I hope it doesn't, it's going to be a
> huge black eye on the Linux and open source software because that is where
> the blame will unfairly rest.

What's unfair about placing the blame where it belongs: on the inferior
Linux/FOSS tinker-toy hobbyware that isn't fit for its intended purpose?

"The city's human resources department (POR) said that since 2006 when
the POR started using LiMux and OpenOffice, later switching to
LibreOffice, that "the efficiency and productivity of the POR-supported
workplaces has decreased noticeably" - referencing crashes, display and
printing errors."

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/linux-pioneer-munich-poised-to-ditch-open-source-and-return-to-windows/

I understand Germany not wanting to be reliant on foreign-produced
technology (I don't like giving Microsoft money any more than the avg
Linux advocate does I bet), but when the alternative is dreck like LiMux
and LibreOffice you have to bite the bullet and buy the good software.

> It would behoove the FSF to become involved and prevent the flood of
> misinformation to the media regarding the real sources of the failure from
> ever starting. It's going to be impossible to un-ring the bell once the
> guilty parties start trying to protect themselves.

The first thing the FSF needs to do is remove Stallman from the masthead
and from the building, for his public statements supporting the
legalization of pedophilia, necrophilia, incest, bestiality and
possession of child porn "as long as no one is coerced".

Silver Slimer

Feb 11, 2017, 7:14:29 PM2/11/17

Snit

Feb 11, 2017, 7:14:44 PM2/11/17
On 2/11/17, 5:11 PM, in article o7o941$obf$1...@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
<.m@nsn.s> wrote:

>> And windows compared to linux? Give me a break. Windows is a
>> non-starter in that compare. It simply can't compete. Granted, it
>> is better than OSX. But that is really not hard to achieve
>
> Only idiots use OS X.
>
> Take a bow, Snit.

My .sig is right again!

DFS

Feb 11, 2017, 7:15:09 PM2/11/17
Keep hope alive!

Marek Novotny

Feb 11, 2017, 7:21:44 PM2/11/17
Car analogies really do not work. I can buy several $20,000 Honda's
which will outlast the Ferrari and cost much less in the process. The
Ferrari is faster, more powerful and sexy. But it is not the better car
for the money nor will it ever be. The fact of the matter is I will get
400,000 miles on that $20,000 Honda and I will have enough left over to
buy 5 or 6 more after that. So I beg to differ on which is the better
car. I don't give a God Damn which is more sexy or faster. That's but
one benchmark of a good car.

Can your Ferrari hall around large heavy trailer? Not really. You're
going to want a nice big heavy truck for that. And we can come up with
all manner of various ways to looks at cars vs computers. In the end it
depends on what it is you're doing.

> So it's not just a matter of being superior, there is far more involved and
> I think that is where Munich didn't do their homework as others who have
> successfully migrated to Linux have done.

Now the FACT of the matter is most users simply use Office is a simple
way. That's why we create a working group of users to see if their needs
are being met. And that was most certainly done with Munich. The Linux
community and some member's collective opinions of Linux has NOTHING
to do with what's going on in Munich. Not a God Damned thing... Munich
did their homework. They're not idiots. They have successfully moved to
Linux. What we have here is nothing more than some serious ASS HURT from
Microsoft and it has become an issue with them in which they are willing
to do anything and everything to bribe their way back in because of the
profile of Munich. It is as simple as that. Don't you blame the Linux
community here. This has nothing to do with us. We're simply citing them
as a success story and Microsoft, typical, is trying to derail it. They
don't like that a FREE and OPEN operating system and office suite got
them kicked out of Munich.

So they will find a politician and fund his campaign and sway him to
rethink the software used in Munich. Some selfish idiot will decide
his needs out weigh the good that has been done for the community and
together attempt to derail this.

Just think about what this means beyond software. The fact that so many
say you need office to open a document created by the city with public
funds is bullshit. It should be done in a free and open manner. The
city funds should not be supporting a GUILTY monopolist. Not when a
perfectly good alternative exists and it is perfectly capable of
handling their needs.

Me Sham

Feb 11, 2017, 7:22:37 PM2/11/17
Why the hell did they spend years developing their own distro for this instead of just using an existing one? Seems like the cost of this could have been substantially lower.

DFS

Feb 11, 2017, 7:35:56 PM2/11/17
On 2/11/2017 7:21 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:

> They
> don't like that a FREE and OPEN operating system and office suite got
> them kicked out of Munich.

That never happened. It's just the wishful drooling of MS-hating Linux
fanbois.

There are still many Windows systems and apps running in Munich, because
they were judged too difficult or expensive to replace.

Tim

Feb 11, 2017, 7:39:00 PM2/11/17
I think when the smoke clears, and assuming this story is true, it's going
to finally be revealed that those in charge of implementing the project
were inept.

Linux is no more a perfect ecosystem than Windows is, at least in my
opinion.
It's all in the execution and the requirements.
And that, again in my opinion, is where the Munich project fell flat.

Tim

Feb 11, 2017, 7:48:37 PM2/11/17
Agreed.
You've made my point rather well.
Better than I have in fact.

>> So it's not just a matter of being superior, there is far more involved and
>> I think that is where Munich didn't do their homework as others who have
>> successfully migrated to Linux have done.
>
> Now the FACT of the matter is most users simply use Office is a simple
> way. That's why we create a working group of users to see if their needs
> are being met. And that was most certainly done with Munich. The Linux
> community and some member's collective opinions of Linux has NOTHING
> to do with what's going on in Munich. Not a God Damned thing... Munich
> did their homework. They're not idiots. They have successfully moved to
> Linux. What we have here is nothing more than some serious ASS HURT from
> Microsoft and it has become an issue with them in which they are willing
> to do anything and everything to bribe their way back in because of the
> profile of Munich. It is as simple as that. Don't you blame the Linux
> community here. This has nothing to do with us. We're simply citing them
> as a success story and Microsoft, typical, is trying to derail it. They
> don't like that a FREE and OPEN operating system and office suite got
> them kicked out of Munich.

Hey, you are the one who claimed YOUR office could do everything on Linux.
Again, you are making my point.
Whatever Microsoft is doing will all come out. Some of their nefarious
doings within the Munich project have already been revealed.
You are preaching to the choir here.

> So they will find a politician and fund his campaign and sway him to
> rethink the software used in Munich. Some selfish idiot will decide
> his needs out weigh the good that has been done for the community and
> together attempt to derail this.

And you think the other side isn't doing the same?
That's naive.
I've already stated that unfortunately politics, lobbying if you will, is
already playing a part in this migration.

> Just think about what this means beyond software. The fact that so many
> say you need office to open a document created by the city with public
> funds is bullshit. It should be done in a free and open manner. The
> city funds should not be supporting a GUILTY monopolist. Not when a
> perfectly good alternative exists and it is perfectly capable of
> handling their needs.

You are starting to sound more like a zealot here.
Just because an alternative works for YOUR office doesn't mean it works for
the Munich project.
The expectations need to be carefully defined.
You can't just make a statement like "a perfectly good alternative exists".
It doesn't work that way.

So for example, many people will say gimp is a perfectly good alternative
to Photoshop. For me that's true. Probably for you as well and most people
in this group.

Now ask that same question to a professional graphics design firm and see
what their requirements are and how they answer that question.

Again, the Munich project IMHO is a case of incompetence and not a case of
Linux being less of an operating system than Windows.

Tim

Feb 11, 2017, 7:49:43 PM2/11/17

Tim

Feb 11, 2017, 7:50:26 PM2/11/17
Correct.
Reeks of incompetence and pumping their own job security.

Marek Novotny

Feb 11, 2017, 7:59:52 PM2/11/17
And what does that have to do with Munich?

> Whatever Microsoft is doing will all come out. Some of their nefarious
> doings within the Munich project have already been revealed.
> You are preaching to the choir here.
>
>> So they will find a politician and fund his campaign and sway him to
>> rethink the software used in Munich. Some selfish idiot will decide
>> his needs out weigh the good that has been done for the community and
>> together attempt to derail this.
>
> And you think the other side isn't doing the same?
> That's naive.

What other side? They've created their own distribution essentially. So
I ask you who the hell is this other side?

> I've already stated that unfortunately politics, lobbying if you will, is
> already playing a part in this migration.
>
>> Just think about what this means beyond software. The fact that so many
>> say you need office to open a document created by the city with public
>> funds is bullshit. It should be done in a free and open manner. The
>> city funds should not be supporting a GUILTY monopolist. Not when a
>> perfectly good alternative exists and it is perfectly capable of
>> handling their needs.
>
> You are starting to sound more like a zealot here.

That's not zealotry. These are public funds buying proprietary software
and providing public documents in proprietary formats. That's not the
best idea at all. There is no reason to spend public money on
proprietary closed formats when perfectly fine free and open software
and formats can do the same job at no cost to the public.

> Just because an alternative works for YOUR office doesn't mean it works for
> the Munich project.

Munich did focus groups. They did their homework here. You fucking
troll.

> The expectations need to be carefully defined.

Why don't you prove Munich didn't do their own in house testing since
you seem to be saying that. My needs have shit all to do with Munich.

> You can't just make a statement like "a perfectly good alternative exists".
> It doesn't work that way.

It sure does.

> So for example, many people will say gimp is a perfectly good alternative
> to Photoshop. For me that's true. Probably for you as well and most people
> in this group.

For me, professionally? No. Personally, yes.

> Now ask that same question to a professional graphics design firm and see
> what their requirements are and how they answer that question.

I am a professional.

> Again, the Munich project IMHO is a case of incompetence and not a case of
> Linux being less of an operating system than Windows.

In your opinion, which means jack-shit. You don't know what the fuck
you're talking about.

RonB

Feb 11, 2017, 8:17:04 PM2/11/17
On 2017-02-11, Marek Novotny <marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:

> I thought this has been discredited a few times already. I'll believe it
> if the actually switch back. I had read one of the interviews by one of
> the admins and he had shed a lot of light on this. Microsoft marketing
> plants false stories and continues attempted get back into the city. The
> last thing Microsoft wants is a high profile success story for others to
> use as a model to ditch Microsoft Windows and Office. You can bet they
> are making all manner of offers to get them to switch back.
>
> Anyone who uses Linux full time knows what it is capable of. In all
> honesty, as I have said before, there is NOTHING we do at our office
> that can't be done with Libre Office. Continuing to use MS Office is
> just doesn't make any sense to me at all. I'd rather support open source
> than fund Microsoft.

If you read the article you'll see it's all politics (read bribes). The
party in charge now (via a coolition with another party) was against Linux
from the beginning. But nothing has been decided yet, it's up for a vote on
Tuesday (I believe).

(Subject Line changed because I wanted to.)

--
Linux -- what Windows wants to be when it grows up

RonB

Feb 11, 2017, 8:19:41 PM2/11/17
On 2017-02-11, Omar Murad Asfour <omarm...@career.net> wrote:

> Nobody asked your opinion of Linux vs Windows.
> The topic is Munich abandoning Linux for Windows.

Nobody asked you to troll on COLA either, so shut the fuck up.

And adios asshole.

Steve Carroll

Feb 11, 2017, 8:28:35 PM2/11/17
Seriously, though, Python 3.xx is a lot faster; even if you don't do the web stuff I'm suggesting, at the least, you should check 3.xx out. Look here:

<https://github.com/squeaky-pl/japronto>

Tim

Feb 11, 2017, 8:28:48 PM2/11/17
Nothing.
That's my point.

Your comment about "most users using Office in a simple way" has nothing to
do with Munich either.

>> Whatever Microsoft is doing will all come out. Some of their nefarious
>> doings within the Munich project have already been revealed.
>> You are preaching to the choir here.
>>
>>> So they will find a politician and fund his campaign and sway him to
>>> rethink the software used in Munich. Some selfish idiot will decide
>>> his needs out weigh the good that has been done for the community and
>>> together attempt to derail this.
>>
>> And you think the other side isn't doing the same?
>> That's naive.
>
> What other side? They've created their own distribution essentially. So
> I ask you who the hell is this other side?

The people who are lobbying to keep Linux.
There are two sides to this situation.
Do you honestly believe that they are just sitting there doing nothing as
their project is being attacked?
I doubt it and I sure hope not.

>> I've already stated that unfortunately politics, lobbying if you will, is
>> already playing a part in this migration.
>>
>>> Just think about what this means beyond software. The fact that so many
>>> say you need office to open a document created by the city with public
>>> funds is bullshit. It should be done in a free and open manner. The
>>> city funds should not be supporting a GUILTY monopolist. Not when a
>>> perfectly good alternative exists and it is perfectly capable of
>>> handling their needs.
>>
>> You are starting to sound more like a zealot here.
>
> That's not zealotry. These are public funds buying proprietary software
> and providing public documents in proprietary formats. That's not the
> best idea at all. There is no reason to spend public money on
> proprietary closed formats when perfectly fine free and open software
> and formats can do the same job at no cost to the public.

I'm am completely against proprietary formats but it is what it is.
This project was designed to eliminate this as well as a dependency on
closed software.

The idea and concept is great.
The execution not so much.

>> Just because an alternative works for YOUR office doesn't mean it works for
>> the Munich project.
>
> Munich did focus groups. They did their homework here. You fucking
> troll.

Ahh so now you prove what you are. A zealot who can't look at facts
objectively and reach a logical conclusion.
Unless someone agrees with your opinion they are immediately deemed a
troll.

Anyone with an open mind would reply that it remains to be seen how this
plays out. That is what I have stated. I have also stated my opinion that
if this Munich migration fails it is due to incompetence in the
implementation and not Linux and open source itself.

But apparently that is not good enough for you.
Instead you prefer to blame Microsoft for this apparent failure.
You sound like a zealot to me
No loss here.
*plonk*
Bye.

Marek Novotny

Feb 11, 2017, 8:58:30 PM2/11/17
You're going around in circles. Obviously, you're a fucking troll.

> Your comment about "most users using Office in a simple way" has nothing to
> do with Munich either.

It has everything to do with Munich.

>>> Whatever Microsoft is doing will all come out. Some of their nefarious
>>> doings within the Munich project have already been revealed.
>>> You are preaching to the choir here.

>>> And you think the other side isn't doing the same?
>>> That's naive.
>>
>> What other side? They've created their own distribution essentially. So
>> I ask you who the hell is this other side?
>
> The people who are lobbying to keep Linux.

What we have here is Microsoft spreading FUD. Linux isn't on the
chopping block. Microsoft is trying to discredit Linux by spreading FUD
and perhaps going further getting new city officials into a position in
which that can become a reality. It still has to be voted *if* it gets
the far. You're putting the cart before the horse.

> There are two sides to this situation.
> Do you honestly believe that they are just sitting there doing nothing as
> their project is being attacked?
> I doubt it and I sure hope not.
>
>>> I've already stated that unfortunately politics, lobbying if you will, is
>>> already playing a part in this migration.

>>> You are starting to sound more like a zealot here.
>>
>> That's not zealotry. These are public funds buying proprietary software
>> and providing public documents in proprietary formats. That's not the
>> best idea at all. There is no reason to spend public money on
>> proprietary closed formats when perfectly fine free and open software
>> and formats can do the same job at no cost to the public.
>
> I'm am completely against proprietary formats but it is what it is.
> This project was designed to eliminate this as well as a dependency on
> closed software.
>
> The idea and concept is great.
> The execution not so much.

I don't know why you keep saying that. You'll pulling bullshit out of
ass.

>>> Just because an alternative works for YOUR office doesn't mean it works for
>>> the Munich project.
>>
>> Munich did focus groups. They did their homework here. You fucking
>> troll.
>
> Ahh so now you prove what you are. A zealot who can't look at facts
> objectively and reach a logical conclusion.
> Unless someone agrees with your opinion they are immediately deemed a
> troll.

What facts, show me one that backs up your claim.

> Anyone with an open mind would reply that it remains to be seen how this
> plays out. That is what I have stated. I have also stated my opinion that
> if this Munich migration fails it is due to incompetence in the
> implementation and not Linux and open source itself.

And you'd be wrong. If it fails it fails because Microsoft bought
themselves government influence. It's that simple. This is not about
Linux failing. It's about Microsoft trying to discredit Linux. Get a
fucking clue.

> But apparently that is not good enough for you.

No it's not good enough. You're being an idiot.

> Instead you prefer to blame Microsoft for this apparent failure.

There is no failure here. What we have here is your trolling. Acting
like a linux user when you clearly are not.

> You sound like a zealot to me
> No loss here.
> *plonk*

Fuck you, go crawl back to your shit hole you fucking troll.

> Bye.

Omar Murad Asfour

Feb 11, 2017, 9:38:23 PM2/11/17
Funny that "Tim" used your own arguments and statements against you and
he effectively destroyed you but yet you call Tim a troll?
Sounds like you are bitter that you have been made an ass of.

Not that it matters of course because it won't be long before the other
mindless Linux herd members come along and categorically defend you,
without actually looking at the thread of course, simple because you are
one of them.

From a psychological point this is fascinating.
It's like the Linux herd is just a herd of lemmings.
Say what they want to hear and they sit still.
Oppose them in any way, even minor, and they all jump off the cliff in
unison.
Fascinating.

Omar Murad Asfour

Feb 11, 2017, 9:38:38 PM2/11/17
Because they are idiots.

Omar Murad Asfour

Feb 11, 2017, 9:40:49 PM2/11/17
Yawn.
You are repeating your false claims Marek.
Just like you do with snit when he wipes the floor with your ass.

Omar Murad Asfour

Feb 11, 2017, 9:49:30 PM2/11/17
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 01:17:50 +0000, RonB wrote:

> On 2017-02-11, Omar Murad Asfour <omarm...@career.net> wrote:
>
>> Nobody asked your opinion of Linux vs Windows. The topic is Munich
>> abandoning Linux for Windows.
>
> Nobody asked you to troll on COLA either, so shut the fuck up.
>
> And adios asshole.

Who cares what you think?

Linux is dead in Munich.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/linux-pioneer-munich-poised-to-ditch-
open-source-and-return-to-windows/

vallor

Feb 11, 2017, 10:04:10 PM2/11/17
This creeper is full of so much shit, his eyes must be brown.

*plonk*

--
-v

Steve Carroll

Feb 11, 2017, 10:27:10 PM2/11/17
Actually, he's full of Snit:

<2e3e3587-f7bf-4d9c...@googlegroups.com>

Steve Carroll

Feb 11, 2017, 11:12:43 PM2/11/17
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=vSUh
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Marek Novotny

Feb 12, 2017, 12:08:06 AM2/12/17
On 2017-02-12, Steve Carroll <fretw...@gmail.com> wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=q1oH
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 12:23:23 AM2/12/17
On 2/11/17, 6:28 PM, in article 3lot1p79hh2r$.jeexyrz6xo8b$.d...@40tude.net,
"Tim" <myemailh...@comy.net> wrote:

> Anyone with an open mind would reply that it remains to be seen how this
> plays out. That is what I have stated. I have also stated my opinion that
> if this Munich migration fails it is due to incompetence in the
> implementation and not Linux and open source itself.

So have an open mind but if it does not go the way you want blame people you
have never met.

LOL!

Yeah, your mind is very open.

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 12:24:55 AM2/12/17
On 2/11/17, 5:36 PM, in article o7oahu$sbq$1...@dont-email.me, "DFS"
For basic needs desktop Linux can be an excellent and cheaper alternative.
But if you want to rise about the lowest common denominator it is not likely
to please you.

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 12:30:17 AM2/12/17
On 2/11/17, 5:21 PM, in article
qumdncTzo_wMNwLF...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:

>> So it's not just a matter of being superior, there is far more involved and
>> I think that is where Munich didn't do their homework as others who have
>> successfully migrated to Linux have done.
>
> Now the FACT of the matter is most users simply use Office is a simple
> way. That's why we create a working group of users to see if their needs
> are being met. And that was most certainly done with Munich.

For very simple things -- pretty much the lowest common denominator of
desktop usage -- Linux works well and is cheaper. If that serves their needs
it is a great choice.

> The Linux community and some member's collective opinions of Linux has NOTHING
> to do with what's going on in Munich. Not a God Damned thing... Munich did
> their homework. They're not idiots. They have successfully moved to Linux.

I can accept that... same thing with those groups which have NOT moved to
Linux: many did their homework well.

> What we have here is nothing more than some serious ASS HURT from Microsoft
> and it has become an issue with them in which they are willing to do anything
> and everything to bribe their way back in because of the profile of Munich.

Support?

> It is as simple as that.

I use that phrase a lot. By the logic of COLA you and I are the same person.

> Don't you blame the Linux community here. This has nothing to do with us.
> We're simply citing them as a success story and Microsoft, typical, is trying
> to derail it. They don't like that a FREE and OPEN operating system and office
> suite got them kicked out of Munich.
>
> So they will find a politician and fund his campaign and sway him to rethink
> the software used in Munich. Some selfish idiot will decide his needs out
> weigh the good that has been done for the community and together attempt to
> derail this.

Support?

> Just think about what this means beyond software. The fact that so many say
> you need office to open a document created by the city with public funds is
> bullshit. It should be done in a free and open manner.

Agree: but for this to happen we need an open source tool that competes
better.

> The city funds should not be supporting a GUILTY monopolist. Not when a
> perfectly good alternative exists and it is perfectly capable of handling
> their needs.

It is perfectly adequate for pretty basic needs. But people often want more
than that.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 12, 2017, 7:05:04 AM2/12/17
Marek Novotny wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> I think Microsoft will just keep planting this story over and over
> again attempting to discredit Linux in a very publicly referenced
> success story. That's not to say it can't happen. But given that this
> has cropped up previously and it was bullshit, I'd have to say it is
> likely bullshit again. Today's lazy journalism is merely a rinse and
> repeat affair where false stories make it out into the wild quite
> easily.

Take a gander at this...; parts of it read like a Nazi tract:

http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf

There's even a mention in there of trying to establish Win32 as the defacto
API of the Mac OS!

Partial quote:

I have mentioned before the “stacked panel.” Panel discussions naturally
favor alliances of relatively weak partners — our usual opposition. For
example, an “unbiased” panel on OLE vs. OpenDoc would contain
representatives of the backers of OLE (Microsoft) and the Backers of
OpenDoc (Apple, IBM, Novell, WordPerfect, OMG, etc.). Thus, we find
ourselves outnumbered in almost every “naturally occurring” panel debate.

A stacked panel, on the other hand, is like a stacked deck: it is packed
with people who, on the face of things, should be neutral, but who are in
fact strong supporters of our technology. The key to stacking a panel is
being able to choose the moderator. Most conference organizers allow the
moderator to select die panel, so if you can pick the moderator, you win.
Since you can’t expect representatives of our competitors to speak on
your behalf, you have to get the moderator to agree to having only
“independent ISVs” on the panel. No one from Microsoft or any other
formal backer of the competing technologies would be allowed -just ISVs
who have to use this stuff in the “real world.” Sounds marvellously
independent doesn’t it? In feet, it allows us to stack the panel with
ISVs that back our cause. Thus, the “independent” panel ends up telling
the audience that our technology beats the others hands down. Get the
press to cover this panel, and you’ve got a major win on your hands.

Finding a moderator is key to setting up a stacked panel The best sources
of pliable moderators are:

Analysts: Analysts sell out – that’s their business model But they are
very concerned that they never look like they are selling out, so that
makes them very prickly to work with.

Consultants: These guys are your best bets as moderators. Get a
well-known consultant on your side early, but don’t let him publish
anything blatantly pro-Microsoft. Then, get him to propose himself to the
conference organizers as a moderator, whenever a panel opportunity comes
up. Since he’s well-known, but apparently independent, he’ll be accepted
– one less thing for the constantly-overworked conference organizer to
worry about, right?

Gathering intelligence on enemy activities is critical to the success of
the Slog. We need to know who their allies are and what differences exist
between them and their allies (there are always sources of tension
between allies), so that we can find ways to split ‘em apart
Reading the trade press, lurking on newsgroups, attending conferences,
and (above all) talking to ISVs is essential to gathering this
intelligence.

MS-PCA1913194
HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL
Generalized Evangelism Timeline Microsoft Confidential

--
You will meet an important person who will help you advance professionally.

Steve Carroll

Feb 12, 2017, 11:18:40 AM2/12/17
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=4Oaq
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Marek Novotny

Feb 12, 2017, 11:33:32 AM2/12/17
It's a good catch. I was writing a big long reply but deleted it and
started over with something simpler. They are a rich company willing to
do what it takes to win. And then there is this small Linux community
dealing with a bunch of trolling idiots that like to think Microsoft is
the answer to everything. They're the zealots.

Marek Novotny

Feb 12, 2017, 12:08:07 PM2/12/17
On 2017-02-12, Steve Carroll <fretw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 10:08:06 PM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:
>> On 2017-02-12, Steve Carroll <fretw...@gmail.com> wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=COan

DFS

Feb 12, 2017, 12:11:35 PM2/12/17
On 2/11/2017 12:20 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:

> There is a feature you depend on in Office that has no equal in Libre
> Office? Do tell.

superiority

DFS

Feb 12, 2017, 12:12:04 PM2/12/17
On 2/11/2017 7:21 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:

> What we have here is nothing more than some serious ASS HURT from
> Microsoft and it has become an issue with them in which they are willing
> to do anything and everything to bribe their way back in because of the
> profile of Munich. It is as simple as that.

What a butthurt, poor loser you are, m4r3K.

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 12, 2017, 12:14:45 PM2/12/17
To what? EDLIN?

Steve Carroll

Feb 12, 2017, 12:17:19 PM2/12/17
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 10:08:07 AM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:
> On 2017-02-12, Steve Carroll <fretw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 10:08:06 PM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:
> >> On 2017-02-12, Steve Carroll <fretw...@gmail.com> wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=RQm2
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

DFS

Feb 12, 2017, 12:17:37 PM2/12/17
On 2/11/2017 8:15 PM, RonB wrote:

> If you read the article you'll see it's all politics (read bribes). The
> party in charge now (via a coolition with another party) was against Linux
> from the beginning. But nothing has been decided yet, it's up for a vote on
> Tuesday (I believe).
>
> (Subject Line changed because I wanted to.)

Because you're a child.

DFS

Feb 12, 2017, 12:17:46 PM2/12/17
On 2/11/2017 7:49 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 19:36:45 -0500, DFS wrote:
>
>> On 2/11/2017 7:21 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
>>
>>> They
>>> don't like that a FREE and OPEN operating system and office suite got
>>> them kicked out of Munich.
>>

>> That never happened. It's just the wishful drooling of MS-hating Linux
>> fanbois.
>>
>> There are still many Windows systems and apps running in Munich, because
>> they were judged too difficult or expensive to replace.
>
> Microsoft did a study and it didn't come out the way they expected so they
> quashed it.
>
> http://www.itworld.com/article/2715241/open-source-tools/microsoft-won-t-release-study-that-challenged-success-of-munich-s-linux-migration.html

Wrong.

"'The study was commissioned by Microsoft to HP Consulting for internal
purposes only,' said Microsoft's German communications manager Astrid
Aupperle"

Marek Novotny

Feb 12, 2017, 12:41:48 PM2/12/17
On 2017-02-12, Steve Carroll <fretw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 10:08:07 AM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

hQIMA+W+Ippu/VtHAQ/8CRciP2bLRCYoyckotVLBBMLu8EP65qYOsWbHeHB2ZzNz
XAu+B92Oas6tKlguRkZCSNnSChuGfBIbuk2G9bk0De8UmspJXw833KvHMPmSAztp
F8DSgRjI7if/vpg68CaFF5w3LCK/0ddoiorQOESEC9LIQnVUkr27MPkAIQZW3K+p
Hd1htSx9vTF2pTPpl1zJXZnpqZU4qQY4n7hcza1NNCpVt+NG+JgUXZ79V75WSFDq
gtnpunk5WgMv8e89wkYnI8ynecVKh1gcRZqNaWahmuw4M8XuqsxpGUZMAtR3vqD8
ote0jCSfdB8bnQeX3ywqyL6TdHHRgmBfPp2LABCWeQcjb8VtWbL9x+5VgwJGGtYN
WH5nXtmBt17P1A0LCV06B3yUrtQsMIkm6PGO1/i6nqrRJaQHcMJAJtoE7opi5Q0E
WbI5BCoBMRgeDv9BRCrYdkoXrRRFyMVrMTGZ/HQYODhK5ebBXc5oMyD2qLhchnbA
KO6K+klwaH9GsSMjXeJyRRGD0XYHPqj8C+TK32Uu/51r4sPQlOU7u554SEvUzmsw
XC6xoZEP7QBZ8owvR667VpA30pDYKhsAkhuUXdRmKLIqYoyocb++2WovbqKQy1EX
vJeVutl7HbnG7AtXdgb2NJ00iBgEAfsDqHwLP45iPm3PGbHRue1Xii19ucOrLWrS
6QGifMtdsX++Fwku7iTuKxpiXEan6GYtGPWe1rM95RIUeqQU4bhEA1W1J8POqK01
ukVVOYUJzO/D/I++OLMASL//hHMrSOS+tPFHoqAPFVl6+lx5RNpKvtzJCvdkykFe
PN2otBhi8EBxCuWa43+14p800SojbUopIuHs8fzoU9AUpltHOyMYwZV3fOCKXVI7
/clGpZaU6+jZN9QKcgO96lpqby1hviHyxFGBnhHH/yJJ+G6YsCSVz1MwGGptm3PO
e+9+hYk3FSHT5J1GoB/qLpv2LBYxVzcFYoWBTFtv1VjAJXnM1a6V35E7l32B6U2u
YotqvmozDpNp0gy3v/G5eZ/V4Cmr3OgYuqK9eHoxSShdsAre+5YQevsqXgt2uaI4
eiJGPY2ecn9EwKoTRed12Vz7ms/sZzgaVwPyzUqLgmIPtGkVWcOjoTWkTj4S4LMi
zOQr4jaHblQA5DxcmSLLFe2x81OvmYhIPCoJg6srY0BZqMfwcj/DMP9LFH0IjN7M
Wu61z9a63zWiB8YCDS5tIgc2sUcgdO5k++6f/Ss8PKNEZ8VoL08wKLr+ltsV6YcX
rMG23sS4k/eZVFbPngGqmTTtb0OtonKpbcbbjhhibzprpH49SkIFGz22JL1Rt7fl
N7Bnagc5RslO/87X4r3InrfzkAmETtJMacL2HeKmuYemwJi20rha+GfmGOWpLh6m
AayNxvd7432aIpkzi5xBsE6TkRXVG55/IrSfhW9yJ2zjZUXm5RSP+3YoVUZvh6z6
QMlehxyKmv811hkS698sezpjBMK4MNyt/fgVw24tByQpJLm4eiszr91GMo+EYqXr
u83SeCtKkC3b8PaO9isjyDCSg+0IgwBlq486Lw4QGAD9p+zuMkrfmhHUJBKoYOCx
dVKYUqrVbf1LYahUrgCi46BiYJYzhhyol3QwtJViQQMtTEfvqcp8Dy+jGkaaE+r/
vXh8ykPWwk5KPVd+KZemXA/RpbmmRHfzVV+3fc7V6gLh5vELcDCoKWmVLhi3JXhE
Ts9YvfeWswCdzM9ZFqNzZu0CLvL3zEB2M4x9sF86jO9a4eege5k0ky6tyVlOOQOj
ogjNGJQy4BHIoQppyoBSlA2MWPRVbk8o2jCbLtpuBilPnhFI+KCkmdd5wQ==
=yGKr

Steve Carroll

Feb 12, 2017, 1:03:04 PM2/12/17
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=nzL7
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

GreyCloud

Feb 12, 2017, 1:40:37 PM2/12/17
That's just snit playing his sicko games.

Marek Novotny

Feb 12, 2017, 1:42:26 PM2/12/17
On 2017-02-12, Steve Carroll <fretw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 10:41:48 AM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=situ

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 2:06:47 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/17, 11:40 AM, in article o7qa3l$cab$8...@dont-email.me, "GreyCloud"
My .sig is right again!

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 2:06:53 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/17, 11:40 AM, in article o7qa3l$cab$8...@dont-email.me, "GreyCloud"

Slippy

Feb 12, 2017, 2:12:02 PM2/12/17
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:06:42 -0700, Snit wrote:

> On 2/12/17, 11:40 AM, in article o7qa3l$cab$8...@dont-email.me, "GreyCloud"
> <Cum...@mist.com> wrote:

>>> ditch-
>>>
>>> This creeper is full of so much shit, his eyes must be brown.
>>>
>>> *plonk*
>>>

>> That's just snit playing his sicko games.
>>
> My .sig is right again!

Sure is.
You own this group snit.
The others are mere amateurs.

Slippy

Feb 12, 2017, 2:12:16 PM2/12/17
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:06:48 -0700, Snit wrote:

> On 2/12/17, 11:40 AM, in article o7qa3l$cab$8...@dont-email.me, "GreyCloud"
> <Cum...@mist.com> wrote:

>>> ditch-
>>>
>>> This creeper is full of so much shit, his eyes must be brown.
>>>
>>> *plonk*
>>>

>> That's just snit playing his sicko games.
>>
> My .sig is right again!

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 2:18:49 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/17, 12:12 PM, in article o7qc2d$sia$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "Slippy"
I just wish they could prove me wrong and actually talk about tech. Some are
working on it... and I commend them for it. But they can only do so for a
short time before returning to proving my .sig right.

Marek Novotny

Feb 12, 2017, 2:18:53 PM2/12/17
On 2017-02-12, Slippy <posta...@webdev.net> wrote:
-9999 bye bye sock

Omar Murad Asfour

Feb 12, 2017, 2:25:50 PM2/12/17
+1
So true.

Omar Murad Asfour

Feb 12, 2017, 2:26:18 PM2/12/17
+1
True statement.

Omar Murad Asfour

Feb 12, 2017, 2:32:24 PM2/12/17
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 06:58:25 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Marek Novotny wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> I think Microsoft will just keep planting this story over and over
>> again attempting to discredit Linux in a very publicly referenced
>> success story. That's not to say it can't happen. But given that this
>> has cropped up previously and it was bullshit, I'd have to say it is
>> likely bullshit again. Today's lazy journalism is merely a rinse and
>> repeat affair where false stories make it out into the wild quite
>> easily.
>
> Take a gander at this...
>http://www.techrepublic.com/article/linux-pioneer-munich-poised-to-ditch-
open-source-and-return-to-windows/

Get ready for the users productivity to increase 10 fold or more.
Nothing stunts productivity, error reduction and efficiency like Linux
does.
In fact the Linux advocates in COLA are completely unable to show how
Linux increases P.E.E.
They run from the question every time it's asked.

Steve Carroll

Feb 12, 2017, 2:57:28 PM2/12/17
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 11:42:26 AM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=KP/k
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Marek Novotny

Feb 12, 2017, 3:49:20 PM2/12/17
On 2017-02-12, Steve Carroll <fretw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 11:42:26 AM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=o87k

Steve Carroll

Feb 12, 2017, 4:53:13 PM2/12/17
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 1:49:20 PM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=CRUc
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 12, 2017, 4:56:44 PM2/12/17
Omar Murad Asfour wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Omar the Vampire/ He made my life a wreck/
> Omar the Vampire/ He got ahold of my girl's neck/
> He stole my woman away from me one night/
> Didn't even have to kiss here all it took just one bite/

I snipped the troll's idiocy and replaced it with something more sensible.
At best, his cavils *might* apply to OpenOffice.

Which runs on Windows, don't cha know.

"Omar" just can't accept that his beloved Microsoft is just another
wealthy corporate thug flooding government with shills, fake "consulting"
organizations and fake "results", lobbyists, and fake news.

Who was it that said something like "Microsoft will lose money for years and
years in order to prevent a competitor from making money".

--
Debian Hint #40: If you install the command-not-found package, attempting to
run a command you don't have installed will tell you what package to install to

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 5:11:17 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/17, 2:50 PM, in article o7qljd$mo1$3...@dont-email.me, "Chris Ahlstrom"
<OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:

> Omar Murad Asfour wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Omar the Vampire/ He made my life a wreck/
>> Omar the Vampire/ He got ahold of my girl's neck/
>> He stole my woman away from me one night/
>> Didn't even have to kiss here all it took just one bite/
>
> I snipped the troll's idiocy and replaced it with something more sensible.
> At best, his cavils *might* apply to OpenOffice.
>
> Which runs on Windows, don't cha know.

Both LibreOffice and OpenOffice run on the competition.

Sadly, on Linux, they do little above the LCD.

Marek Novotny

Feb 12, 2017, 5:39:39 PM2/12/17
On 2017-02-12, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:
> Omar Murad Asfour wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Omar the Vampire/ He made my life a wreck/
>> Omar the Vampire/ He got ahold of my girl's neck/
>> He stole my woman away from me one night/
>> Didn't even have to kiss here all it took just one bite/
>
> I snipped the troll's idiocy and replaced it with something more sensible.
> At best, his cavils *might* apply to OpenOffice.
>
> Which runs on Windows, don't cha know.
>
> "Omar" just can't accept that his beloved Microsoft is just another
> wealthy corporate thug flooding government with shills, fake "consulting"
> organizations and fake "results", lobbyists, and fake news.
>
> Who was it that said something like "Microsoft will lose money for years and
> years in order to prevent a competitor from making money".

I don't know who said that but it's a fine quote. Microsoft's Exchange
and back office server seems like a strong product to me. While I don't
like Outlook or Exchange it does give customers a way to deal with email
in their organization. I still have yet to see someone else tackle that
in a meaningful way. Zimbra does to a degree. Lotus Notes was the best
competition Exchange had for a while, but too many people feel that the
groupware solution isn't to their liking. I loved Notes. I know a few
people way more into it in that I ever was.

If there is one thing I'd really like to see it's a simple to setup and
manage enterprise email backed by education and an on-going evolving
development cycle. I don't even much care for Evolution and that's just
a client. I'd rather use Thunderbird than Evolution.

The Zimbra client is good, but Java and it doesn't respect DPI settings
and in many cases it won't even install as it still has some rather
outdated dependencies.

Zimbra if it went fully open source. And I mean those enterprise add-ons
as well. And if maybe someone like RedHat or Canonical backed it with on
going development. That might have a shot.

I don't like the idea of everything and anything going to the cloud. If
I owned the company, I'd want to own my email servers and I'd want that
to be fairly simple to manage and secure.

William Poaster

Feb 12, 2017, 5:40:03 PM2/12/17
On 12/2/2017 17:14 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Peter Köhlmann posted:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

> To what? EDLIN?

LOL

--
The troll is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts
and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more:
his is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
(With acknowledgement to W.S.)

Marek Novotny

Feb 12, 2017, 5:43:19 PM2/12/17
On 2017-02-12, William Poaster <w...@dev.null> wrote:
> On 12/2/2017 17:14 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Peter Köhlmann posted:
>
>> DFS wrote:

>>> superiority
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
>
>> To what? EDLIN?
>
> LOL

That was pretty funny... Still I have to say that Microsoft office is
better than Libre Office as a virus delivery platform. Works super well
for that...

Marek Novotny

Feb 12, 2017, 5:54:40 PM2/12/17
On 2017-02-12, Steve Carroll <fretw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 1:49:20 PM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=8G/I

Silver Slimer

Feb 12, 2017, 5:56:02 PM2/12/17

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 6:03:17 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/17, 3:39 PM, in article
kKidnXeiQIO5eT3F...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2017-02-12, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:
>> Omar Murad Asfour wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Omar the Vampire/ He made my life a wreck/
>>> Omar the Vampire/ He got ahold of my girl's neck/
>>> He stole my woman away from me one night/
>>> Didn't even have to kiss here all it took just one bite/
>>
>> I snipped the troll's idiocy and replaced it with something more sensible.
>> At best, his cavils *might* apply to OpenOffice.
>>
>> Which runs on Windows, don't cha know.
>>
>> "Omar" just can't accept that his beloved Microsoft is just another
>> wealthy corporate thug flooding government with shills, fake "consulting"
>> organizations and fake "results", lobbyists, and fake news.
>>
>> Who was it that said something like "Microsoft will lose money for years and
>> years in order to prevent a competitor from making money".
>
> I don't know who said that but it's a fine quote. Microsoft's Exchange
> and back office server seems like a strong product to me. While I don't
> like Outlook or Exchange it does give customers a way to deal with email
> in their organization. I still have yet to see someone else tackle that
> in a meaningful way.

FirstClass does a good job of this -- though I do not know how much overlap
there is (and it has been a LONG time since I ran a FirstClass Server):

<http://www.opentext.com/what-we-do/products/specialty-technologies/firstcla
ss> OR <https://goo.gl/owafPq>

> Zimbra does to a degree. Lotus Notes was the best
> competition Exchange had for a while, but too many people feel that the
> groupware solution isn't to their liking. I loved Notes. I know a few
> people way more into it in that I ever was.
>
> If there is one thing I'd really like to see it's a simple to setup and
> manage enterprise email backed by education and an on-going evolving
> development cycle. I don't even much care for Evolution and that's just
> a client. I'd rather use Thunderbird than Evolution.
>
> The Zimbra client is good, but Java and it doesn't respect DPI settings
> and in many cases it won't even install as it still has some rather
> outdated dependencies.
>
> Zimbra if it went fully open source. And I mean those enterprise add-ons
> as well. And if maybe someone like RedHat or Canonical backed it with on
> going development. That might have a shot.
>
> I don't like the idea of everything and anything going to the cloud. If
> I owned the company, I'd want to own my email servers and I'd want that
> to be fairly simple to manage and secure.

Marek Novotny

Feb 12, 2017, 6:17:13 PM2/12/17
On 2017-02-12, Silver Slimer <> wrote:

> On 2017-02-12 2:18 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
>> On 2017-02-12, Slippy <posta...@webdev.net> wrote: -9999 bye bye
>> sock
>
> Funny, I didn't see those posts. I guess they were posted through
> aioe.org or mixmin.net.

The mentally retarded also have access to usenet.

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 12, 2017, 6:32:18 PM2/12/17
William Poaster wrote:

> On 12/2/2017 17:14 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Peter Köhlmann posted:
>
>> DFS wrote:

>>> superiority
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
>
>> To what? EDLIN?
>
> LOL

Well, if MSO is really superior to LO, at least nobody has yet pointed out
in what way.
Just claiming that it is better does not cut it. The MS supporters at least
should be able to tell us *exactly* what really *is* superior. I have not
yet found anything at all

William Poaster

Feb 12, 2017, 6:35:04 PM2/12/17
On 12/2/2017 22:43 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Marek Novotny posted:
I'd say that M$ Windows, Office & Servers are superior platforms for
delivering viruses & trojans of every kind!
About the *only* thing they are superior at.

DFS

Feb 12, 2017, 6:39:46 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/2017 4:50 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Who was it that said something like "Microsoft will lose money for years and
> years in order to prevent a competitor from making money".

One of you lying Linux idiots.

DFS

Feb 12, 2017, 6:48:25 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/2017 6:32 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Well, if MSO is really superior to LO, at least nobody has yet pointed out
> in what way.

Liar. Several times I showed you a variety of things MS Office excels
at vs LO.

> Just claiming that it is better does not cut it. The MS supporters at least
> should be able to tell us *exactly* what really *is* superior. I have not
> yet found anything at all

That's because you don't know what you're looking at.

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 12, 2017, 6:52:59 PM2/12/17
DFS wrote:

> On 2/12/2017 6:32 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>

>> Well, if MSO is really superior to LO, at least nobody has yet pointed
>> out in what way.
>
> Liar. Several times I showed you a variety of things MS Office excels
> at vs LO.

Not that I remember. Are you certain that you did? And *what* exactly was
superior?

>> Just claiming that it is better does not cut it. The MS supporters at
>> least should be able to tell us *exactly* what really *is* superior. I
>> have not yet found anything at all
>
> That's because you don't know what you're looking at.

I know what I am looking for. And so far *nothing at all* was better in MSO.
Instead I found some things which work in LO but not in MSO

So come on, please don't be shy. Tell us what is better in MSO

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 7:07:08 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/17, 4:52 PM, in article o7qsdc$gpf$1...@dont-email.me, "Peter Köhlmann"
<peter-k...@t-online.de> wrote:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> On 2/12/2017 6:32 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>>

>>> Well, if MSO is really superior to LO, at least nobody has yet pointed
>>> out in what way.
>>
>> Liar. Several times I showed you a variety of things MS Office excels
>> at vs LO.
>
> Not that I remember.

Easy to show!

* OS / Word Processor Comparison: <http://youtu.be/w6Qcl-w7s5c>
* LibreOffice oddities: <https://youtu.be/afPVONgoxMA>

Frankly, though, I doubt you will be able to follow the steps shown.

> Are you certain that you did? And *what* exactly was superior?

Hey, just show LibreOffice doing what the competition does and NOT having
the oddities I show.

But you NEVER will.

>>> Just claiming that it is better does not cut it. The MS supporters at
>>> least should be able to tell us *exactly* what really *is* superior. I
>>> have not yet found anything at all
>>
>> That's because you don't know what you're looking at.
>
> I know what I am looking for. And so far *nothing at all* was better in MSO.

Well, it is free and it works well for minimal needs. Sounds like a good fit
for you.

> Instead I found some things which work in LO but not in MSO

By all means do show them!

> So come on, please don't be shy. Tell us what is better in MSO

I did... but you will just troll over it. Count on it.

Sargent Bumblebee

Feb 12, 2017, 7:14:24 PM2/12/17
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 22:51:16 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

> I didn't see "Omar Murad Asfour", but i imagine it's another Snot sock.
> SAndman handed Snot's ass to him yet again, so I suppose Glasser will be
> throwing hissy-fits & flooding the group wih his sock army.
> [ None of which i'll see! :-) ]

Still working in the field of janitorial engineering William Poaster?
At least snit works as a teacher, a job that requires brains.
Any idiot can plunge a toilet although I suspect a professional like you
can probably out plunge the average layperson.

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 7:16:37 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/17, 5:14 PM, in article o7qtos$1r2o$5...@gioia.aioe.org, "Sargent
Even if he is a janitor, which I have no clue if that is true, so what?
Really... his private life is his own.

DFS

Feb 12, 2017, 7:17:40 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/2017 6:52 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> DFS wrote:
>
>> On 2/12/2017 6:32 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>>

>>> Well, if MSO is really superior to LO, at least nobody has yet pointed
>>> out in what way.
>>
>> Liar. Several times I showed you a variety of things MS Office excels
>> at vs LO.
>
> Not that I remember. Are you certain that you did? And *what* exactly was
> superior?

I've told you and cola many times. I'm sick of repeating it.

Either you lamers will learn how MS Office is very superior to LO, or
you won't.

>>> Just claiming that it is better does not cut it. The MS supporters at
>>> least should be able to tell us *exactly* what really *is* superior. I
>>> have not yet found anything at all
>>
>> That's because you don't know what you're looking at.
>
> I know what I am looking for. And so far *nothing at all* was better in MSO.
> Instead I found some things which work in LO but not in MSO
>
> So come on, please don't be shy. Tell us what is better in MSO

I've posted lists probably 30x, and a bunch were replies directly to you.

Slippy

Feb 12, 2017, 7:19:35 PM2/12/17

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 7:21:18 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/17, 5:20 PM, in article o7qtrl$ln3$1...@dont-email.me, "DFS"
<nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

> On 2/12/2017 6:52 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>> DFS wrote:

>>> Liar. Several times I showed you a variety of things MS Office excels
>>> at vs LO.
>>
>> Not that I remember. Are you certain that you did? And *what* exactly was
>> superior?
>
> I've told you and cola many times. I'm sick of repeating it.

Even when he is provided with videos he is unable to replicate steps.

> Either you lamers will learn how MS Office is very superior to LO, or
> you won't.

He cannot even replicate simple tasks which show basic KDE bugs.

>>> That's because you don't know what you're looking at.
>>
>> I know what I am looking for. And so far *nothing at all* was better in MSO.
>> Instead I found some things which work in LO but not in MSO
>>
>> So come on, please don't be shy. Tell us what is better in MSO
>

> I've posted lists probably 30x, and a bunch were replies directly to you.

I would love to see the list.

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 7:22:21 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/17, 5:19 PM, in article o7qu2i$1s61$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "Slippy"
<posta...@webdev.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 00:14:20 +0000 (UTC), Sargent Bumblebee wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 22:51:16 +0000, William Poaster wrote:
>>

>>> I didn't see "Omar Murad Asfour", but i imagine it's another Snot sock.
>>> SAndman handed Snot's ass to him yet again, so I suppose Glasser will be
>>> throwing hissy-fits & flooding the group wih his sock army.
>>> [ None of which i'll see! :-) ]
>>
>> Still working in the field of janitorial engineering William Poaster?
>> At least snit works as a teacher, a job that requires brains.
>> Any idiot can plunge a toilet although I suspect a professional like you
>> can probably out plunge the average layperson.
>
> Even if he is a janitor, which I have no clue if that is true, so what?
> Really... his private life is his own.

Silver Slimer

Feb 12, 2017, 7:52:00 PM2/12/17

Silver Slimer

Feb 12, 2017, 7:55:23 PM2/12/17

Snit

Feb 12, 2017, 7:59:48 PM2/12/17
On 2/12/17, 5:55 PM, in article o7r02c$qk8$3...@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
<.m@nsn.s> wrote:

> On 2017-02-12 6:32 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>> William Poaster wrote:
>>
>>> On 12/2/2017 17:14 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Peter Köhlmann
>>> posted:

>>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

>>> LOL
>>>

>> Well, if MSO is really superior to LO, at least nobody has yet
>> pointed out in what way. Just claiming that it is better does not
>> cut it. The MS supporters at least should be able to tell us
>> *exactly* what really *is* superior. I have not yet found anything
>> at all
>
> Screencasting!
>
> Seriously though, Word allows me to rotate an image in any angle
> without needing to open up a different program. To me, that's pretty nea
> t.

Marek just posted a video showing an extension for LibreOffice which does
that. Does not allow for rotation in real time... and he did not show with
an image using transparency... but still a pretty cool extension.

Steve Carroll

Feb 12, 2017, 8:10:42 PM2/12/17
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 3:54:40 PM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
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=ZQqp
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

It is loading more messages.